Do you know how important headshots are for professionals?
Think of headshots as your visual brand.
For small business owners (like myself), a photo of you represents your business. You are the face of your business. Your headshots should represent you at your best!
Here are a few tips for getting professional headshots done.
- Less is best. Don't wear distracting clothing, but something that flatters you. Solid colors work best no matter what kind of headshot you need for you profession.
- Your clothing doesn't have to match your profession. You don't have to wear business attire in for your business headshots. You can wear something more you and still make it look good and professional.
- Keep the background simple. There's always the standard black and grey background that work great for everyone because they are neutrals. However, you can get artistic with your background by using a solid building wall, brick building, and natural scenery. Just make sure you stand out from your background.
- As your appearance changes, you need to get a new headshot. The average life of a headshot is 2 years. People can change a lot in two years, so keep an updated headshot that looks like you up on your profile.
- Hire a professional photographer. Headshots seem simple enough, but there is a lot more to them. Hire a professional who knows what they are doing and not your friend with a cool camera.
Emily Ingalls Photography offers professional headshots. If you need to update your LinkedIn profile photo, updated your business cards, or keep your image fresh and clean for your customers, I'd be happy to shoot your business and artistic headshots. Contact me at email@example.com or fill out my contact form.