It's International Women's Day!
Strong women surround us everyday. And I don't just mean physically. Women are strong in every sense of the word.
The dictionary has the following definition of strong.
- Having, showing, or able to exert great bodily or muscular power
- Mentally powerful or vigorous
- Especially able, competent, and powerful in a specific field or respect
- Of great moral power, firmness or courage
- Powerful in influence, authority, resources, or means of prevailing or succeeding
- Aggressive, willful
I'm sure everyone single person can think of a woman who fits one or more of these definitions. I'd like to think I fit into more than one category. Cause I'll own that I'm willful (or as I like to say strong-willed).
Women have broken glass ceilings and come a long way from where we were even 100 years ago. We have voting rights. We can hold down full time executive jobs. We are smart and intelligent. We raise families and birth children everyday. We are awesome!
Let's celebrate International Women's Day with a positive message to all the women and girls out there. Be you. Own you. Trust in yourself and continue breaking those glass ceilings. The sky's the limit.
As Maya Angelou once said, "I got my own back."